Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yes, I Went Camping....Sort of....






A couple of months ago, a friend from church asked if our family would like to go camping. Actually, she asked if we wanted to go yurting. For those of you who don't know, a yurt is like a tent that is permanent. It has windows, power, and bunk beds. I figured I could do that for a couple of nights, even if I had to share bathroom. And, I knew the kids would love it. Scott, on the other hand was not pleased with me as Georgia Tech was playing FSU on Saturday night. What would he do if he could not see (or hear at least) the game? As the week went on, it looked like rain. I was seriously thinking about trying to get out of the trip if it rained, but the kids were so excited! So, we stuck with our plans and as it turned out, the weekend was fabulous. We made it through Saturday and Sunday with no rain. Monday morning we woke up to pouring rain, just in time to go home. It was so much fun, I think I could do it again.



Here are Kayleigh and Peyton on our falls hike

No fish for us this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment